Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas


I sent out all of my Christmas cards, and have gotten a few responses from friends and family who don't live close enough to be familiar with all of our family members. So, below I've attached the same pictures with names on them and then a listing of family members (including the two newest additions this year!) If you click on the pictures, they will come up full size so you can read the names.

BTW: If you didn't get one it probably means that I wasn't able to recover your address when I lost my address book earlier this year, so please email me with it!



Our Family:

Christopher - 5 years old (October 5, 2001)
Kaleb - 13 years old (April 7, 1993)
Brianna - 15 years old (October 3, 1991
Yennae and Joe
- Tatum - born September 6, 2006 (sleeping - not pictured)
- Sunny - 2 years old (September 17, 2004)
- Laila - 3 years old (May 25, 2003)
Tre and Tiffany
- Brooklynn - born November 29, 2006 (just days away from being born, so she's not pictured)
- Jasmine - 3 years old (November 18, 2003)

Cheryl and Ken (who weren't able to join us for Thanksgiving this year - so they and their children aren't pictured)
- Chandler - 2 years old (May 17, 2004)
- Chloe - 7 years old (October 17, 1999)

Finally, as I sit here sheltered from the blizzard outside with a crackling fire to keep me warm, I want to wish everyone a very merry Christmas. I've attached the lyrics to a favorite Christmas song of mine, "Merry Christmas, Darling" by The Carpenters. Although most Christmas songs could be classified as 'one of my favorites', LOL, this one really captures how I feel about all my dear loved ones who I don't get to spend the holidays with very often or never at all (if I knew how to attach the song to my blog, I would, so if you know how feel free to leave instructions in the comments section).....

Greeting cards have all been sent
The Christmas rush is through
But I still have one wish to make
A special one for you

Merry Christmas darling
We're apart that's true
But I can dream and in my dreams
I'm Christmas-ing with you

Holidays are joyful
There's always something new
But every day's a holiday
When I'm near to you

The lights on my tree
I wish you could see
I wish it every day
Logs on the fire
Fill me with desire
To see you and to say
That I wish you Merry Christmas
Happy New Year, too

I've just one wish On this Christmas Eve
I wish I were with you
Logs on the fire
Fill me with desire
To see you and to say
That I wish you Merry Christmas
Happy New Year, too

I've just one wish
On this Christmas Eve
I wish I were with you
I wish I were with you

Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas - Darling
~ The Carpenters

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melanie,
Thanks for sharing all of this with us. I wasn't sure who all the kids were in the picture, but they're all beautiful. As for the snow, you can keep it. It looks like too much for me. I know you all are very proud of Brianna and Kaleb for all of their hard work in school. Hope you had a very merry Christmas. Love, Chris